Monday, April 25, 2011

April 22, 2011

I am really trying to keep up on this Blog, I know i will regret it if i dont. I cannot believe it has almost been a year since Luke and allix were harmed. They are doing well in some areas, and not so well in other areas. They are trying to live normal lives, and Allix is back in School. She has such a short time to complete her hours and then test for her license. I know she has plans to open a salon in maui. I will be so pleased when she accomplishes this dream. I know she will one day. I know it is hard for her to stand all day, and use her arms all day, and hands. Beleive it or not, her hands still ache to this day. If her or luke knock an elbow or their hands, it hurts them badly. Their scars change from month to month. allix will be fitted for a clear mask, just for her face to stop the raised scars. they are amazing at the Burn unit. Yes..they are ssttiill healing. They look amazing though. I cannot beleive what a miracle it is that they look the way they do. It is because of everyones prayers, faith, and just a flat out miracle. I know Allix cries, and tries to be strong. If she feels a certain way, she pulls herself right back up again. I know counseling is so important for her. She has told me lately she remembers things that she never has, and has flash backs daily. She told me the other day she remembers seeing someone shaving a guys hair in the ER. I talked to her about it, and she realizes this was actually herself. She was seeing herself. We discussed if maybe her spirit was looking at herself. She remembers having experiences like that. I am truly proud of her. She struggles, but does so well with life in general. She is an amazing mommy. She loves that little guy so much! lukes arms are worse than allix's. He had to have surgey the other day because of thick skin on skin graph seams, and flexibility in his wrist and thumbs. His arms looks like frankenstein, with big stitches, but in the long run..It will look ten times better. I am sure he will have his other arm and hand done in the near future. and other surgeries. They told allix she had to have surgery on her hands also. she asked to wait a couple of months to finish school. So that is good. She just wants to better her life for her and Luke, Get a job, and just live, fall in love and have more babies. I am okay with the other babies.. : )..Luke is growing huge, and talks so good, and talks about things that I think..where the heck did you learn that. he pointed to the big power area fenced off, and said there are the transformers. I was like..what, you know what electric transformers are..He is definately smart. Allix spends alot of time with her friends, she has great friends. I am grateful for them..You know who you are. Lukey loves his grandpa Dan so much. Allixs dad has been there for them so much through all of this. He has really bonded with Luke. he takes him fishing,goes on long walks and goes to see all the animals at the farm, plays outside with him, and even takes him to the hospital for check ups. luke is so strong. I am hoping with all the love, structure, a great mom, and role models that Luke will be okay with all of this. The counselor said he might have allready dealt with it, deal with it in 6 months, 1 year, ten years, or when he is 18. they do not know. I have a feeling he will be just fine. He has a medal he wears so proudly at times. Aunt Debbie gave it to him. allix got one also. He says, proudly, that he got the medal for being brave, and surviving the fire, and help saving his mommy. We meet other burn survivors when we go to the hospital. I am not a burn survivor, but i feel I am connected in some way. I seen what they go through. we got on the elevator, and there was a guy with Jobst on his hands and arms, and he had a plastic mask on his face. Luke was there with his gear. I said " oh i know where you are going". He talked to Luke and said, look dude, we have the same cool stuff. It was so sweet. This young man was 23 years old, and had a diesel fuel tank blow up right by him. He was disfigured, and I felt sad, but, didnt feel sad at the same time because he was an amazing kid..That was the new him, and he was amazing. Luke goes to physical therapy, and acts like he owns the place. he just goes in opens cupboards and drawers, and gets what he wants. they let him. We love Cindy, she has worked with him the whole time. He knows what to expect, and trusts her. Things happen in life that change our path. I went into the bathroom often at the hospital and would put paper towels on the floor, and would sit, or kneel and just cry my heart out, and pray, this was often. From my prayers I knew the first week that they would be taken care of, and he was mindful of them. I also knew from the spirit that great things would come from this trial for them. I felt constantly lifted up with strength to be there with the both of them for so long. I do look back and think wow, was that Allix and Luke. It seems like a dream. Nope it is a miracle is what it is. A miracle from our heavenly father that they are here, and a miracle how they have touched so many lives, and I know there will be much more of these miracles in the future. He has a great plan for them. I am so grateful for them and being able to be Allix's mother, and Lukes grandmother, and that they are a part of my life. I am hoping allix will share her feelings with everyone one day. I know she keeps a journal...Anyone with sick or afflicted family or friends, just remember heavenly father is in the drivers seat, and trust in him. he knows way more than we do..he knows All.. : )




Shari thrall..

allixs mother, and Lukes grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment